June 19, 2007

Sherrod Brown to Switch Vote on Military Commissions Act

From the DownWithTyranny! blog:

As you might know, Senator Sherrod Brown voted for the Military Commissions Act. He has now admitted it was a mistake and will switch his vote.

From Cenk Uygur of The Young Turks. Cenk interviewed Brown today (June 18, 2007) and Brown admitted he had made a serious mistake:

Cenk Uygur: Thanks for joining us Senator. We
appreciate it. I gotta start off with the question
we've had now for over six months, I gotta ask you,
why did you vote for the Military Commissions Act?

Senator Brown: It was a bad vote. I shouldn't have.

Cenk Uygur: Oh, wow. Okay.

Senator Brown: A vote I'll correct ... when it comes.

Cenk Uygur: So, you regret that?

Senator Brown: I take responsibility. It was the heat
of the campaign and I made a mistake.

Cenk Uygur: So, if it comes again you're going to
change the vote?

Senator Brown: You bet.

Sharrod, Sherud, Sherrud, Sharrad, Sherrad

No comments: