July 13, 2007

State of Denial

OK. On the road. I'm supposed to enjoy myself, and not worry about things, like the Bush/Cheney theory of executive power... they have all the power, just like a monarchy.

So, yesterday, reading USAToday, I noticed they have someone to whom errors can be directed. I decided to contact him and ask about their punctuation of "USA Patriot Act." My concern? It's supposed to be an acronym for "Uniting and Strengthening America by Providing Appropriate Tools Required to Intercept and Obstruct Terrorism Act of 2001." As an acronym, the punctuation should be all capital letters:

USA PATRIOT Act.

This correct punctuation will help remind people that this law isn't about patriotism.

2 comments:

Daniel said...

I'd like to punctuate Bush and Cheney right on the nose!

GDAEman said...

Looks like you'll be "popular" with the Secret Service for speaking the "truth" ;-)

Thanks for the visit. It means a lot to me.