August 10, 2006

Condoleezza Rice: Light Weight

On July 30, 2006, as Condoleezza Rice departed Israel she said, "As I head back to Washington, I take with me an emerging consensus on what is necessary for both an urgent ceasefire and a lasting settlement." "I am convinced we can achieve both this week."

In the face of the Qana Massacre committed by Israel earlier that morning, I thought, "She's out of touch to think she's close to an agreement."

Then, on PBS NewsHour August 1, 2006, Rice said, "I still believe that if we really put our minds to it and work that this week is entirely possible. Certainly, we're talking about days, not weeks, before we are able to get a cease-fire."

Who are her advisors? How do they let her make these statements that undermines her credibility?

As it has been said, Condoleezza Rice is a light-weight compared to past Secretaries of State.

No comments: